Slapton Ley Field Centre and National Nature Reserve welcomes applictions from both undergraduates and postgraduates wishing to enhance their studies with a placement period. We would be happy to hear from students wishing to secure a placement for anything from a few weeks to 9 months.
Placements may be sought for students undertaking a range of studies including conservation, ecology, landscape systems, countryside management and other related subjects. In addition, the Field Centre would be interested to hear from students interested in teaching and learning focused placements, or any mixture of the above.
A placement at Slapton Ley can offer students the following:
- A rich and varied experience of work in the outdoor learning sector, working alongside experienced tutors to provide high quality field courses.
- Monitoring and surveying of the diverse range of habitats held within the National Nature Reserve, working alongside a team of staff and volunteers.
- Hands on maintenace of footpaths and trails in and around the National Nature Reserve.
- Experience of working as part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team.
- Time spent in the beautiful surrounds of Slapton, living as part of its community*.
If you would be interested in applying for a placement, please send details of your current study and area of interest to [email protected]
*We may be able to offer a live in option for placement students, upon request and subject to accommodation availability.